Stat Counter

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And the answer is...

A few summers ago I was working outside on my front lawn. Several cars had passed by and I wasn't really paying attention. I was caught up in the tree that I was pruning. Another car passed by. Then, all of the sudden backed up and stopped. That got my attention.


The lady who had stopped lived exactly one block from my home. She, her husband, and their son had gone to our church for a brief time, but had quit coming. In fact, it had been over a year since they had come. We would smile at the grocery store or in the neighborhood but not much more. She had stopped that day to tell me what her preschooler said as they drove by. She said that they were driving by and their son Troy saw me working, he pointed at me and said, "Look! There's Jesus!" The truth is I was Troy's teacher in the preschool room at church for just a short while, but when he saw me, Christ is who came to mind.

All Christians have been given a high calling. 2 Corinthians 5:20 says, ..."we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us."  People look at you and  check out your holy meter for the day. But guess what? They should! And it is not for you to prove, but to live!


Have you thought about how much God loves you today? He does! He is waiting to whisper hopes and truth through his Word moment by moment. He is waiting for you to be a living breathing example of his love.


My life is going through some changes. No worry I have placed on it or plan I have made has not made results come any quicker. People are watching. Many are praying (thank you). This week my husband got his last full time paycheck from this church. Four kids, life responsibilities and we are going to be bi-vocational. Randy, my husband, is starting a new job that has yet to match our income. Most people think we are crazy. It reminds me of when we came to San Marcos nine and a half years ago to start a church with three kids (one was a baby) people thought we were crazy... me too. It hasn't always been easy, but we have seen lives changed and God has made our lives better for being here.

So big surprise, the God who has never failed is on the move again working his will in our lives. I don't know if anyone who drives by my house will point at me this month and say there's Jesus, but I hope they drive by and say there are the folks who love Jesus, and he is at work in their lives.

What would someone say if they drove past your home?


Romans 1:17 "The righteous will live by faith."






No comments:

Post a Comment