Stat Counter

Friday, April 23, 2010

All Dressed Up and Still Need to Mow!

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you thought it would be  easy, and it turned out to be one of your busiest weeks yet?! That was this week. My husband went to a Convention. I thought, "Awesome! A little house cleaning, a little yard work, my other stuff, and the kids... how hard could this be?" And lets face it ladies... a trip to Blockbuster for a chick flick after the kids went to sleep was at the top of my priority list! Now, we live on an acre lot. So mowing our yard is in all truth a good 3 to 4 hour event.

We have just gone through a horrible drought, and PRAISE GOD we had a lot of rain that has refilled our rivers and our yards are full of the green stuff we like to call grass! Okay, it is mainly weeds, but we like to call it grass. Within the past three weeks our backyard had grown so tall that I could not see our lab when she went outside! Oh yes our front was neatly mowed but all our backyard needed was a broken down truck and an old air conditioner to complete the look that had grown back there! Facing one major project for my third child (due on Tuesday), three meetings, one practice, one band concert, soccer, regular life events, and a trail of baby powder that started in my bedroom and went all the way to my kitchen via the three year old ... and it was only Monday; I decided Wednesday morning would be the best day to mow! Wednesday is my day off and Jeremy, the three year old, is in MDO!

Armed with my awesome plan to mow, I dropped Jeremy off. Then utilizing my studying skills from college, I decide to put off mowing for two hours and go to Ross and shop.It turns out the Bible is right... if you seek you really will find. Although I'm not so sure that sneakers and a book on CD was what God had in mind.
Finally, I began mowing and it was looking really great! One problem, I now had just an hour before I needed to shower, and pick up Jeremy  from as the start my afternoon schedule! So, I left the lawn and am happy to announce that I have the prettiest 3/4 mowed back lawn in all of San Marcos Texas!

Do you ever feel life is running you instead of the other way around especially at this time of the year? I feel like I breath in at the first of April and exhale sometime around June first. I've been reading a book by Christine Caine called, "Can I Have it All and Do It All,Please?" It turns out you can have it all as long as you don't mind imperfect. It seems God is now using people in spite of thier imperfections these days. To me that is one of the hardest things to accept. Life will not always look like a Martha Stewart table setting. Our 2.4 children will have projects due the next day, and you will find out that your husband was right all along... that duct tape really does work for every situation. It is so sweet when I have the time to do it just right, but I am finding it is equally as sweet when God carries me uphill, both ways, on the rough days and I can still praise Him and acknowledge who authored that day too. What is my advice for the especially rough weeks? RUN to your nearest quiet place, open God's word and REST in the only place that offers rest for that busy week!

"The Lord redeems His servants, and no one will be condemned who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:22

1 comment:

  1. The more I learn about you, the more I realize how much we have in common!!! Actually laughed outloud at not being able to see the dog!:D Sometimes when it really looks bad, one of us will start humming the theme to Sanford and Son...

    ReplyDelete