Stat Counter

Monday, December 26, 2011

Let's Thank God for 2011

Hey! Do you know how good God is? There is not enough Botox to erase the lines this year has made. I must admit that sometimes I forget God is there; always caring. Oh I never doubt his omnipresence (ever present), or his goodness, or that he loves me. It is just that I don't always stop to really think about how God has blessed me.

I mean, if you were to really ponder all you went through this year, would you see God at work? I do, and I am in awe of what He has done. Not because it has been easy. It hasn't, but everyday he made a way. He still does.

Do something with me today! Let's thank God together for specific moments in 2011. Our world , in general, has been hit hard this year. I don't have to tell you the problems (both worldly or personal). Those roll off our minds with ease. But today let's focus on God's provision in those tough times... and beyond.

We won't be thanking him for the same things. God would have none of that. He made us each with a special purpose. Each special purpose comes with it's own set of hard times. I hate hard times, and left on my own I might fixate on the hard times and not the blessings. But just for today... right now let's thank God for what He has done. Let us thank him for the WHATEVER's of our life. Those whatever moments make one persevere.  Let's get started:

1- Thank God for a time this year when he met a need in an unexpected way.

2- Thank God for a special person or people in your life. Thank God for the gift that relationship has given.

3- Thank God for an area of your life in which you feel convicted to change or improve. Like any parent, that conviction is there to make your life better.

4- Thank God for something that you specifically prayed for this year that has happened.

5- Thank God for _______________________ (something you feel the Holy Spirit leading). There is a reason the Holy Spirit is leading you, and won't it be fun (if you don't already know) to one day find out why you thanked God for that!?

You can continue thanking God or simply stop. Later you may need to ask God for your needs, but for awhile just stop! Stop and THINK about what you just THANKED God for during 2011. I believe it will make you strong to later ask for any needs you have. It makes us boldly realize God is in control!


Philippians 4:8  

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 


 Psalm 150:6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Psalm 104:34
May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.






No comments:

Post a Comment